Monday, 25 August 2014

KIDNAP: Suspects Collect N5m Ransom, Abduct Negotiator In Bayelsa

Kidnappers of the mother of the Rivers Transport Commissioner, George Tolofari, last weekend, caused a stir by collecting N5million ransom offer presented by the family and detained the ex-militant youth sent from Bayelsa to deliver the money to them.

The kidnapped ex-militant youth, according to investigation, is from the camps of the well-known, ex-militant leaders of Fara Dagogo and Pastor Reuben Wilson in Bayelsa State.
The youth, according to the ex-militants under the aegis of the Leadership for Peace and Cultural Development Initiative (LPCDI), led by Pastor Reuben Wilson,was abducted while delivering the N5million ransom for the release of Madam Tolofari.
LEADERSHIP gathered yesterday that Rivers State Commissioner for Transport, George Tolofari, had contacted the ex-militant leaders to assist in giving the N5million to the abductors.
Security source said the request for assistance by the Rivers State Transport Commissioner, was sent to the National Coordinator of the LPCDI, Pastor Reuben Wilson.
But, according to sources, Wilson called on one of his boys and appointed him as a negotiator to deliver the agreed sum of N5million.
On getting to the location, the gunmen collected the N5million and kidnapped him. They later called Pastor Reuben Wilson and assured him that no harm would come to his boy but that the boy would only be released after the victims son and the commissioner pay up the demanded N150million.
Pastor Reuben Wilson, who confirmed the development in Yenagoa yesterday at the end of a meeting of ex-militant leaders, said though the incident caused a stir, the boys called and claimed that the Rivers Governor, Rotimi Amaechi had released N200million to the Transport commissioner to pay for the release of the mother and they demanded N150million.
I only tried to tell them that such story cannot be true but they insisted.
It would be recalled that Madam Tolofari was abducted from her Victoria Street residence in Town area of Port Harcourt about three weeks ago by gunmen.
Post a Comment