Pages

Wednesday 30 July 2014

Dokubo Berates Jonathan For Condemning Assassination Attempt On Buhari

A former Niger Delta militant, Alhaji Mujahid Asari Dokubo, has faulted his kinsman, President Goodluck Jonathan, for condemning the attack on former head of state General Muhammadu Buhari.

Dokubo, who spoke yesterday in Abuja, also dismissed rumours that he paid those who executed the assassination attempt against Buhari in Kaduna last week.
President Jonathan had condemned the suicide bomb attack on the convoy of General Buhari, heaving a sigh of relief that had the assassination attempt succeeded, Nigeria might have been plunged into turmoil given the huge followership of the former military ruler.
But Dokubo disagreed, saying I think it is unfortunate that the President made such statement. I do have the capacity to tell the President to apologize, but I still insist that he should not have made such a statement.
Its very unfortunate that a President of a country will be promoting one or two individuals over and above 80 people and others who have been slaughtered by Boko Haram. For me, the President ought not to have made such statement, Dokubo insisted.
On the alleged plan to kill Buhari and that he paid N5m to the perpetrators of the attack, he said, I didnt pay anybody. I have never paid anybody because I have no cause to kill Buhari. He is of no threat to me. He is of no threat to Goodluck. And I dont operate a twitter account.
I phoned the SSS Director of Operations immediately I got the report and drew his attention to what is going around. I told him that my lawyer and I are writing a petition. But he told me that there was no such thing. The person arrested never said so.
Reacting to the allegations that he was working to destroy the North, Dokubo said, We all knew that in 2011, Goodluck lost in all the North-eastern and North-Western states except Adamawa and Kaduna States. Politically, Goodluck is not expecting the votes of these states if he is going to calculate. These states can be referred to states that are hostile to him.
Im an Ijaw man. An injury to one Ijaw is an injury to all. I will continue to defend Goodluck Jonathan because Im an Ijaw man. I have no apology. Im an Ijaw nationalist. You can call me an Ijaw bigot. I dont care. But to say I work for Goodluck is the highest form of stupidity. I dont work for Goodluck. I dont belong to the PDP, he said.
Dokubo said he can prove how Gen Buhari was being funded by thelate Libyan ruler, Col. Muammar Gaddafi.

No comments: