Pages

Friday 17 October 2014

Buhari is feeling sorry for himself, says he can’t afford N27 million


Photo: Premium Times

To many, it’s quite surprising that a Nigerian politician can say he doesn’t have in his coffers N27million to purchase his party’s Presidential nomination form, but alas, such is the case of retired Major General, Muhammadu Buhari, presidential aspirant under the broom-wielding party, All Progressives Congress, APC.

Its under a day since he’s made his declaration at the Eagles square, Abuja, of his intention to contest, and his body language and attitude to the cost of the nomination form is causing concerns among his supporters who have so far been unsuccessful in raising the needed funds.
While he was at the National Secretariat of the APC in Abuja, to pick the form, he complained that the affixed price ofN27million for the form. He expressed ‘pity’ for his plight, while also insinuating that he might get a loan from a bank in Kaduna.
He quipped, “It’s a pity I couldn’t influence this amount to be put down ‎as in the case of ladies and the disable that intend to participate. I always look left and right in our meetings but I could not read sympathy, so I kept my trap. But I felt heavily sorry for myself because I don’t want to go and ask somebody to pay for my nomination forms, because I always try to pay myself, at least for the nomination.”
N27 million is a big sum, thankfully I have personal relationship with the manager of my bank in Kaduna and I told him that very soon the forms are coming, so, whether I am on red, or green or even black please honour it otherwise I may lose the nomination. I was about to go to Kaduna this morning and I told the Chairman but he said in that case, you better pick your form and keep a straight face that means there is no excuse,” Buhari added.
Responding to Buhari’s lamentations, Chief John Oyegun, the National Chairman of the APC, said the cost of the nomination forms was deliberately fixed on the high side “to separate the men from the boys”.

No comments: