Pages

Saturday, 6 September 2014

Ogwuche Denies Nyanya Bombing Role






The alleged mastermind of the Nyanya bomb blast, Aminu Sadiq Ogwuche, has denied knowledge of the operation.

At a press briefingyesterday in Abuja, Marilyn Ogar, Department of State Security Spokesperson(DSS), presented Ogwuche along with five other suspects. Ogar told the journalists that the other five men had also denied any link with an unidentified official of the Central Bank of Nigeria, previously alleged by Stephen Davis, an Australia negotiator, to have been funding the operations of the Boko Haram sect.
Previously, Yau Saidu, a suspect in the Nyanya, Abuja bombing told journalists at a briefing that he and Ogwuche drove the bomb-laden vehicle to the Nyanya Motor Park on the night before the blast.
However, Ogwuche denied the allegation, stressing that he was in Sudan when the incident occurred and was unaware there was going to be an explosion in Nyanya. He insisted he was not a member of Boko Haram and did not have any links with the militants. Responding to a question, he maintained that he had never met any of the other suspects before.
According to SaharaReporters, Marilyn Ogar also declared that Dr. Davis was a self-appointed negotiator on Boko Haram and that the DSS was not the source of the information credited to the Australian. Responding to Davis allegations, Ms. Ogar said that the DSS had invited the implicated former Governor of Borno State, Ali Modu Sheriff on several occasions but that he had yet to honor any of those invitations
Post a Comment