Pages

Friday, 1 August 2014

We Received Threat Of Buharis Attack- NSA

Sambo Dasuki, the National Security Adviser, NSA, on Thursday revealed that the Federal Government had earlier received threat of the recent attacks on former head of state, Muhammadu Buhari and a Muslim cleric, Dahiru Bauchi.Speaking to Premium Times reporter after the extraordinary meeting of the National Council of State,
the NSA refuted the allegation that the federal government was responsible for the attack on the former head of state.Dasuki, who spoke in the company of Governors of Akwa Ibom, Godswil Apkabio, Niger, Babangida Aliyu; and Enugu, Sullivan Chime, revealed that Boko Haram leader, Abubakar Shekau, had threatened to attack Buhari as far back as February.According to him, the threat was contained in video released by the terrorist group, where they called Buhari and some other northern and Muslim leaders infidels, and promised to deal with them.We said something about the attack on Buhari and Sheik Dahiru Bauchi. There was a threat as far back as February this year issued by Shekau calling them infidel by name and position saying that they were in trouble and they were going to see he said. Well, the government was not responsible, and if you say that the government was responsible in the case of General Buhari, why dont you say the same in the case of Sheik Dahiru Bauchi? Dasuki while condemning the allegations made against the government described it as what sells the paper.That is the most unfortunate thing. And we want say that it was not only General Buhari; there were others mentioned too, he said.The Council, during its meeting, unanimously agreed to support President Goodluck Jonathan-led administration in wiping out Boko Haram before December 2014.It would be recalled that over 80 people were killed on July 23, 2014 in separate bomb attacks in Kaduna State, with one of the suspected bomber aiming for the car conveying General Buhari, who miraculously escaped unhurt.
Post a Comment