Pages

Tuesday 19 August 2014

Ribadu Breaks His Silence, Explains Why He Defected To PDP

Some few days after his much talked-about defection from the All Progressives Congress (APC) to the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), a former chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Nuhu Ribadu, has explained the reason behind his political move.

In a statement posted on his Facebook page, Ribadu said his carefully considered decision to defect to another party was in in pursuit of a good cause, and never out of any selfish interests.
Although he did not shed more light on what this good cause might be, he said his next step in his political struggle would be made known in due course.
I know how difficult it may be for you to come to terms with my defection to another party, Mr. Ribadu said. But I must assure you that its a carefully considered decision for which I do not wish to hurt anyones feeling. Ill not embark on a needless animosity with my good friends, irrespective of political, religious, regional and ethnic affiliations.
For now, I wish to assure you that my defection is in pursuit of a good cause, and never out of any selfish interests as portrayed by a section. Thanks for bearing with me on this decision, and for those who have been in solidarity with my struggles and still giving me the benefits of the doubt, Im most grateful. Ill never let you down on this new path.
The former presidential candidate of the defunct Action Congress of Nigeria, ACN, who also reacted to a report credited to him in which he disparaged his former political co-travelers in the APC, pointed out that though he had left the opposition party, he would continue to hold the partys leaders in high esteem.
He said, Let me quickly make it known that I did not issue a statement disparaging APC and its members, including Governors Amaechi, Kwankwaso These were clearly fabricated, expected backlash, by mischievous characters interested in misleading the public and drawing a picture of non-existent feuds between me and my good friends.
My defection shouldnt be seen as an initiation of political antagonism with my good friends in another party. I still hold them in high esteem, and even where there are marked differences, I believe there are decorous and honorable ways of resolving them. So, kindly disregard any statement said to be by me attacking the personality of any politician since my defection. Ill never allow myself to be drawn into such disrespectful exchange.
Mr. Ribadu formally joined the PDP by registering in his Bako ward, Yola South Local Government on Saturday and was given a membership card with registration number 1933795.

No comments: