Pages

Monday 18 August 2014

Ebola: Nano Silva Did Not Meet Approval

The Federal Government through the Minster of Health, Professor Onyebuchi Chukwu, today gave reasons why it withheld its approval for the Anti-Ebola drug Nano-Silver produced by aNigerian scientist in the Diaspora.

While speaking with the American Ambassador to Nigeria in his office today, the minister said the experimental drug, Nano Silva failed to meet required basic standard.Continue reading:The experimental drug, Nano Silver did not meet the requirements of the National Health Research Ethics Code.
Accordingly, the approval was withheld by the National Health Research Ethics Committee, he said.
In response, the ambassador, Mr James Entwistle expressed his satisfaction in the way the nation has been handling the Ebola crisis so far.
You have all seen the headlines over the weekend, this is an issue that we have to keep working hard on, it may be with us for a while but there are some encouraging signs.
Your government is doing a good job on contact tracing; I noticed when I flew back here on Thursday night into the country, before I left the plane I filed in the questionnaire.I was very impressed because I had to put in my seat number which is a very good idea, so that if you have to trace the guy who was seating next to me you will know where I am.
I have been very impressed by this thing so I encourage the government of Nigeria to keep at it, which I know they will, he said.

No comments: