Pages

Saturday, 23 August 2014

Chibok Girls: Parents Want Case Closed, Say Funeral Rites Already Performed





More than four months after unfruitful search for their abducted girls, parents of the kidnapped Chibok school girls said they want the matter closed.

Since the girls have been missing for more than four months, the parents said they presumed the students to have died for which their funeral rites have already been performed in their (parents) minds according to their custom.
They, however, urged the federal government bring the girls corpses for honourable burial.
This position was disclosed yesterday by the #BringOurGirls advocacy group, during its daily sit-out meeting for the rescue of the missing school girls at Unity Fountain, Abuja.
All they said they want is their corpses to bury them honourably, the group said.As a way of driving their demand home, the group said it is vigorously mobilizing people on and offline and via social media towards holding a mega protest march in the FCT.
According to them, over 200 groups in Abuja have so far been contacted and have given positive response to participate, with 135 individuals on the groups database contacted.
While calling on federal government to double its effort to free the girls, the meeting said only political and military action can rescue our girls, and that is why we do what we are doing to compel that.
The group added a new slogan #NotWithoutOurDaughters! in response to a question on when it will stop the campaign.
Post a Comment